Boats of the New York Company
|Captain Thomas Pray's Bateaux:
We carry three styles of flag. The Kings Colors, The Red Ensign, and
for later periods the United Kingdom flag.
(Click on image to view a larger view.)
The bateaux is owned by Thomas Pray, a member of the New York Company.
He has spent many hours and dollars in restoring this boat to fighting trim.
Tom spends time training the members of the company to serve aboard the boat.
It is another example of the diversity that is found in the New York Company.
The members of the New York Company refer to the boat as "Das Boat"
- Type of Boat: Bateaux
- Length: 32'
- Paint Scheme:Black with Correct British Mustard yellow trim
- (4) - 12 foot oars
- (2) - 10' oars
- (1) - 12' steering oar
- (1) - 25 pound anchor
- (1) - 20 pd anchor
- Tons of rope
- (3) - wooden swabbing buckets
- (2) - BO Chests containing:
- artillery swabs
- reamers and fuses
- otherstuff to numerous to name.
- (1) small BO Ammunition box
- (3) name plates for various periods and flaggings: Prudence, Wellington, Cochrane
- (1) - 22" bow cannon (Bronze)
- (2) - 16" side swivels (Bronze)
- (1) - 18" Lantanka (anti personell or signal gun)
Return to Naval Page
This page lasted updated: 29 November 2016